Friday, October 26, 2007

1st Week Ended

Today, Friday which means that i've finished a week of my industrial training and there will be another 11 weeks more to go...... Last weekend i still thought that i might have trouble adapting myself to the company but after few days there, things got along very well and i get to know my colleagues better and we always talk about topics which is not just related bout the things i needed to do but also some other topics like football, computer and etc which really makes me feel good.

After this first week has ended, to me it seems to be abit busy as the task assigned to me needs to be settled in a short period of time. At the mean time the thing that makes me headache would be learning how to write codes using JSP (JavaServer Pages). I need to develop a user interface using that and besides that, i need to make it to load some database from a server and vice versa. Its quite a task as i do not have very strong programming background and the worst part is that the very last time i did my programming would be few years back so its a bit tough but at least one thing, i get to learn new things. Til now i have 2 more weeks for me to settle it and i hope that it can be done asap and much before the date line.

After that, my long term task would be to get contacts for the company for their network expansion. We need to get total of 5000 contacts by end of the year and after first week, we found about 500 contacts which i think is quite ok the result but as we go on, the least number of contacts that we will be able to get so hopefully we able to reach the target and most importantly i can find the suitable contacts for them.

Tmr and day after which is sat and sun would be a short break for me to charge myself and prepare myself for next week's task. Besides recharging myself, it is also a time for me to spend some precious time with my gf as we hardly seen each other for the past week as i was off to office around 8 in the morning and reach home just in time for dinner.

I found that, when we are at work, we will need to readjust our life as during the weekdays, we do not have much time for most of the things and luckily i do not need to work on sat so i can have more time compared to my frens which they need to work 5 1/2 days. That's y those that has graduated always advise us to enjoy the time when we are still studying as that's the best time we can have and at the mean time i think im totally agree with that.

No comments: